Three Sisters Crafts

Welcome!

Welcome to our newest adventure - blogging! We're so glad you stopped by and hope to have some neat things to chat about - ranging from newly received merchandise to what we're making that's unique and fun .. maybe even secrets! With the holiday's fast approaching - we can't wait to get started on Halloween and Christmas ideas! Please 'follow' - you'll stay updated on what's happening and we can keep you informed about upcoming classes too!
Three Sisters Crafts
129 E State Street
O'Fallon IL 62269
618-624-7193
Email: aeb624@aol.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The First Brownies

Today I had my first group of brownies come to do their jewelry class.  They were a wonderful group and I enjoyed my 90 minutes with them.  One little girl said it was the most fun she had ever had as a brownie.  They made some pretty cool necklaces and they all had a lot of pride in their work.  Everything went very smoothly.  Of course there were only nine of them and the two leaders were wonderful.  I'm hoping the rest of my brownie experiences go as well.  The next time there will be 21 girls, so that may be somewhat tougher.

It is so fun to see the creativity of such young girls.  They absolutely loved the beads.  They asked about the other two sisters and I told them they were both accountants and were not able to come into the store very often.  I said I had the best job because I get to come to work everyday and make jewelry or paint or do something else creative for someone.  And its true.... I do have the best job.  Sometimes I get so bogged down in the details I forget to just enjoy the ride.  I get to use my creativity every day that I come to work and I make other people happy by doing it. And I get to see beading or painting or crafts through the eyes of a young girl.  Now isn't that the best job in the world?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment