Three Sisters Crafts

Welcome!

Welcome to our newest adventure - blogging! We're so glad you stopped by and hope to have some neat things to chat about - ranging from newly received merchandise to what we're making that's unique and fun .. maybe even secrets! With the holiday's fast approaching - we can't wait to get started on Halloween and Christmas ideas! Please 'follow' - you'll stay updated on what's happening and we can keep you informed about upcoming classes too!
Three Sisters Crafts
129 E State Street
O'Fallon IL 62269
618-624-7193
Email: aeb624@aol.com

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Girl Scouts and Brownies Galore

Many years ago my now good friend Cheryl saw an ad of mine and called to ask if I could do badge work for her girl scout troop.  I said yes and I started doing classes for her troop.  Soon other local troops started coming to work on badges at my shop.  I have worked with many troops and very many girls through the years.  The first girls are now in college or have started families.

This past spring my friend Cheryl asked if I would become a resource for the entire Girl Scout Council.  That way girls from other towns in the area would know about the store and could come to do badge work.  So the council called and we set up about ten classes for the council.  I tried to spread them out, but it is hard to pick out dates months in advance, but we did it.  As soon as the council guide was published, I started getting calls from leaders in O'Fallon to schedule their own classes.  Then the council office called and said the first class scheduled for Saturday, November 6 was already overbooked.  So instead of having a limit of 15 girls per class, I raised the limit to 20.  Twenty girls!!  Then she called and said there were still more girls that wanted to take the class, so I have scheduled a second Saturday to accomodate them.

I love seeing young people be creative and see the pride they have when they have made something that they really like and is all theirs.  But I may be in over my head.  Hopefully I won't become this really cranky lady that none of the girls want to come back to see.  I'll let you know how the first class goes....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment